What are the conditions for employment as a student ?
In general terms, the following requirements must be met :
- You must be 16 or under (15 if you have taken the first two years of secondary education)
- You must be in full-time education
- You must no longer be subject to full-time schooling
Note: students on a part-time course can agree a student employment contract under certain conditions.
The following students cannot be taken on :
- Those subject to an employment contract continuously for at least six months, OR
- Those attending evening classes or a reduced hours course OR
- Those on an unpaid work placement that is part of their study programme.
Further information is available at : student@work